1st Newsletter of the Grapes of Wrath Project
You can read or download the 1st Newsletter of the Grapes of Wrath Project HERE
Grapes of Wrath
Co-financed by the European Commission: ERASMUS+, Key Action 2: Capacity Building in the field of youth
Project Number: 581728-EPP-1-2016-2-EL-EPPKA2-CBY-ACPALA
Duration: 1 February 2017 - 31 January 2019
● Inter Alia (Coordinator) - Athens, Greece
● Promozione Internazionale Sicilia Mondo PRISM (Partner) - Caltanisseta, Italy
● Federation Dimbaya Kagnalen (Partner) - Ziguinchor, Senegal
● SEDARVP Ghana (Partner) - Tamale, Ghana
● Resource Hub for Development (Partner) - Nairobi, Kenya
● Arcadia Center (Scientific Partner) - Athens, Greece / USA
The GRAPES of WRATH project aims at enabling contact between migrants and hosting communities within the EU and to foster informed decisions of potential migrants in African countries regarding the trip and life in Europe.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
1. Raise awareness of communities in partner countries about migrants’ stories and perceptions;
2. Foster deeper understanding about the process, reasons and psychological impact of migration;
3. Tackle needs of origin communities, thus, contributing to containing irregular migration;
4. Encourage socioeconomic development at both origin and destination countries.
The project’s deliverables include:
Non-formal learning module on the topic of migrants’ integration and inclusion;
A Documentary film about the journey & life in the EU;
Comparative analysis of migrants’ stories;
Report and policy recommendations.
The project foresees 7 mobility activities (2 training courses and 5 study visits including field research) involving 72 participants, the production of a documentary film, 15 local events and one final international event.
The project’s target groups are: Youngsters and communities in EU countries, youngsters willing to migrate from Africa to the EU, youth workers in all partners’ countries, and policy makers at local, national and European level.
© Inter Alia 2013