The “ANTYGONE Today” is a European mobility project. It is a follow-up of several older projects and foresees two Youth Exchanges: 1 in Loches, France (23 Oct – 1 Nov 2019) and 1 in Athens, Greece (9 – 18 April 2022).
The 2 youth exchanges follow similar methodology based on the use and study of classical ancient drama as a tool for identification of problems and discovering space for solidarity and reflection on contemporary European problems. Starting from Sophocle’s Antigone, participants will be introduced to various theatre and improvisation techniques, body movements and a series of non-formal learning activities, in order to widen their horizons and get acquainted with their own feelings and emotions better.
The project involves:
9 organisations from 9 countries: France, Portugal, Greece, Spain, Romania, Italy, Austria, Bulgaria and North Macedonia.
- Promoting intercultural dialogue through non-formal education to the benefit of young people’s wellbeing, future mobility and career perspectives;
- Stimulating youth organisations’ openness and, ultimately, youth work in Europe through capacity building in the field of media and communication;
- Strengthening youngsters’ participatory attitude and competences, while exploring intercultural relations and new socio-political perspectives;
- Promoting the culture of tolerance and non-violence;
- Acquisition of new skills by participants with the aim of using and spreading them.
Read more in the Info Pack: