Who we are
Inter Alia is a civic action, non-profit organisation, that is active in the fields of education, youth work and culture with the aim to: (a) promote and enhance civic action and civil society’s interconnectedness and effectiveness in influencing decision-making at any level; (b) empower youth and increase employment opportunities through training, skills development, and civic and social participation; and (c) confront interpersonal and intergroup stereotypes and enhance intercultural understanding inside and outside the perceived limits of Europe as a means to peace and well-being. To connect, empower and inspire individuals, support cultural and policy change makers and otherwise operate successfully, personal information is used by Inter Alia.
Whether you are an employee, event participant, newsletter subscriber or otherwise, Inter Alia will treat your personal information respectfully, confidentially and compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement offers an explanation of how and why your personal information is processed by Inter Alia.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Which personal information Inter Alia processes is dependent on your relationship with Inter Alia. Inter Alia exclusively collects and processes the information that is necessary and relevant to your relationship with Inter Alia and the specific purpose for which the information is processed. This generally means that Inter Alia collects the following information:
- When applying for a training course, an internship, a volunteering or paid position, we may process your name, address, date and place of birth, nationality, gender, contact details, portfolio, work history or CV, cover letter, photo, degrees and certificates and interests.
- As our training course participant, intern, volunteer or employee, we will additionally process your ID, bank account information, social security number, and emergency contact details. During employment we will process relevant information such as performance evaluations and absence frequency.
- If you are an event participant, we may process your name, gender, age or date of birth, country of residence, contact details, the organisation that you are part of and your position, as well as your previous engagements with Inter Alia.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletters, we will process your name and contact details as well as your relationship to Inter Alia.
- By visiting our website, we may process technical data of your device used, such as the IP- address and your browsing activity (see below).
- In any case, we may process the content of our communication (by any means) with you as well as your relationship to Inter Alia and your previous engagements with Inter Alia. In addition to the information listed above, Inter Alia may collect and process other types of necessary and relevant information, dependent on your relationship with Inter Alia.
Purpose and Legal Basis
Inter Alia lawfully collects and processes your personal information for a legitimate purpose depending on your relationship with Inter Alia.
- When you are applying for a paid position, your information is processed with your consent and is used to assess your application.
- As an employee, intern or volunteer, your information is processed on the basis of the employment, internship or volunteering contract in order to maintain the employment, internship or volunteering relationship.
- When participating in an event or a training course, your information is processed with your consent and is used to register you as a participant, manage, communicate and diffuse the event or the training course, and maintain a record of your relationship with Inter Alia.
- As a newsletter subscriber, your information is processed with your consent in order to provide you with the newsletter and maintain a record of your relationship with Inter Alia.
- When visiting Inter Alia’s website, your information is processed on the basis of Inter Alia’s legitimate interests to continue to improve the website’s functionality, efficiency and presentation.
In the event that Inter Alia and you enter into a contractual agreement (employment, internship or volunteering), providing personal data to Inter Alia is a necessary (and often legal) requirement for such an agreement. It will not be possible to enter into a contractual agreement without the requested personal data. Please note that Inter Alia may additionally have a legal obligation to process certain information (e.g. for tax purposes).
There is a number of ways that Inter Alia may use or share your data in order to provide its services. For example, Inter Alia will use your contact details to send you information about its projects and activities, or changes to its terms, conditions and policies.
If Inter Alia intends to use or share your data for purposes other than those described here, Inter Alia will inform you about this intention. Inter Alia will only use your data upon your approval and/or if it is necessary to perform agreements.
Web access logs
Inter Alia automatically collects log data and device information when you access and use its website. Collected information includes: Internet protocol (IP) addresses, date/time and url stamp. This information is accessed solely for the scope of debugging website issues. You can read more about access logs, from Inter Alia’s hosting provider here.
If you contribute or upload images to the website, you should avoid contributing or uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
A cookie is a small data file that websites can write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie can contain information, such as a unique user identifier, that the site uses to track your visit. Many people worry that cookies threaten individuals’ privacy and might affect their own computers’ functioning. While they can be used in all kinds of ways by server-based applications, they pose no risk to you as a user.
Inter Alia’s website uses some cookies in order to improve website experience. None of these cookies contains personalised data, obtains information about your system, or adds you to any mailing lists. You can read more about cookies below, and some general information about cookies can be found here.
|a11y-high-contrast||session||till session expires||Accessibility cookie set if high contrast mode is activated in browser. This session cookie is stored in browser until browsing session expires. No personal data is involved.|
|a11y-larger-fontsize||session||till session expires||Accessibility cookie set if larger font size mode is activated in browser. This session cookie is stored in browser until browsing session expires. No personal data is involved.|
You can manage cookies by checking the settings for each browser you use. If you have disabled cookies on your computer, access to some areas of Inter Alia’s website may be restricted.
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
Inter Alia will not share your personal data with Third Parties without your consent, unless Inter Alia is legally obliged to, or in case Inter Alia has contracted a Third Party to process personal data on behalf of Inter Alia (processors).
When Inter Alia contracts the services of a processor, Inter Alia demands a high level of data protection standards. Processors may only process your personal data for the specific purpose for which your information is processed, on the basis of Inter Alia’s instructions.
Inter Alia may share your personal data in response to a law enforcement request, or in case it is in the legitimate interest of yourself, Inter Alia or a Third Party. For instance, when registering for an event, Inter Alia may (be required to) share your personal data with security or government organisations for security purposes.
How long we retain your data
Inter Alia does not store your personal data longer than is necessary or required by law.
- Job applications are erased within one year from concluding the application process. If you consent to keeping your information for future engagements, Inter Alia will erase your personal data after two years instead.
- Personal data of Inter Alia’s interns, volunteers and employees is erased two years after the contractual relationship ended with the exception of information that is legally required to be kept for more calendar years (e.g. for tax purposes).
- Event registrations in the context of projects co-funded by the programmes of the European Union and related personal data are erased after the completion of the project and its auditing period (unless you consent to keeping your information for future engagements).
- Event registrations in the context of self-funded projects and related personal data are erased two years after the event (unless you consent to keeping your information for future engagements).
- For users that register or use the contact forms on our website (if any), Inter Alia stores any personal information they provide, in a user profile. Data is stored, till project scope or participation has ended.
- Subscriber information is erased when you unsubscribe.
What rights you have over your data
Under the conditions stated in the General Data Protection Regulation and at your request, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data processed by Inter Alia:
- Access: Inter Alia will supply you with information regarding the processing of your personal data (at no cost).
- Rectification: You may rectify, complete or add a supplementary statement to your personal data.
- Erasure: Inter Alia will erase your personal data without undue delay.
- Restriction of processing: You may restrict Inter Alia from further processing your personal data.
- Objection: You may object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interests of Inter Alia.
- Data portability: You may request to receive your personal data from Inter Alia. For example, if you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- Withdraw consent: In the event that your personal data is processed by Inter Alia on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent for further processing.
Please note that due to administrative and legal obligations (e.g. ongoing contractual relationship, tax purposes etc.), or for security purposes, Inter Alia may not be able to erase all of your personal data. When such a legal obligation or security purpose expires, then these rights may be fully exercised. You will of course be notified of this.
Inter Alia respects your privacy rights. In order to exercise your rights, please contact Inter Alia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you are not satisfied by the handling of your personal data by Inter Alia, please contact Inter Alia by emailing email@example.com and your complaint will be addressed confidentially. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
How we protect your data
Inter Alia takes appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data. Access to your personal data is restricted to persons with a relevant position or assignment at Inter Alia.
As far as the website is concerned, we use exclusively secure connections (https) to encrypt the communication for visitors. We also make use of all data security measures implemented by our hosting provider.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve the information on this page, please contact Inter Alia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.