Location: La Riche, Centre Val de Loire Region, France
Main theme: Education for all
Duration: October-November 2021 to May-June 2022, 30h/week
What is Civic Volunteer Mission?
Civic Volunteer Mission is a voluntary commitment to a mission of general interest. The mission is open to young people between 18 and 25 years old. A Civic Volunteer mission is accompanied by individualized tutoring and support to define volunteer’s future projects.
General context of the mission.
The city of La Riche, through various activities, offers young volunteers the opportunity to undertake projects linked with the community’s goals in the fields of education, sustainable development, energy-saving, or interculturality. The main objective of the mission is to highlight the links and projects of the city with the international community (in particular through its twinning committee with the town of Estarreja in Portugal) and to promote the various possibilities of international mobility to all young people living in the city.
La Riche’s Cultural service
The volunteer will be hosted by La Riche’s Cultural service. The Cultural service groups together the cultural programming and mediation with disabled public, young people, and inhabitants of priority neighbourhoods. It includes two major facilities: the “Pleïade” theatre and the Multimedia Library. The cultural service works in partnership with the Social Services of the city (social centre) and Youth services (Youth Welcome Centre and Leisure Centre). In connection with these Services’ activities and with the Twinning Committee, the young volunteer will promote citizenship, commitment, mobility, and interculturality, particularly for young people.
With the municipal officers of the Services and the members of the Twinning Committee the
volunteer will be in charge of:
- contributing in events organization related to interculturality in La Riche
- promoting international mobility, in particular international civic volunteer, to young users of municipal services and the City’s schools
- participating in activities to develop young people’s commitment, particularly with the creation of a municipal youth council
- co-organising intercultural workshops in connection with the social and educational services of the City and schools
- contributing to implement events linked to the 2024 Olympic Games
- contributing to communicate and make known about the actions of the Twinning Committee and the twin town.
Young people aged between 18 and 25. Basic level of french. Interest to discover other cultures and to meet people.
Allowance and support
- Monthly allowance of 473,04€ paid by the French Government
- Additional monthly allowance of 107,58€ paid by the host organisation
- International transport paid for by the host organisation
- Accommodation provided (cost of 60€ / month paid by the volunteer)
- Reception at the airport and support during the all mission by the host organization
If you have any questions do not hesitate to send a message to email@example.com
If you want to apply, please send a CV and motivation letter to : Charlotte Bourillon, international youth mobility officer – Centraider, firstname.lastname@example.org