AENEAS is a 5-day Youth Exchange (YE), under the Erasmus+ programme that will be organised and hosted by CIAS LA Guilla in Palermo, Italy. A diverse group of 36 young people (from different ages) coming from 9 countries (Italy, Greece, Lithuania, Romania, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, and Norway) and 9 group leaders will participate.
The A.E.NE.A.S. consortium will select young people, four per country, to come to Palermo, Sicily. In total, the youth exchange will total 45 participants from 9 EU countries. Partner countries will select young people of different ages or participants with interest in the arts, and participants with migrant backgrounds or living in disadvantaged areas in their countries, experiencing social, economic, educational, or geographical exclusion.
Participants will experience a full immersion of performing arts and non-formal sessions, seven days of activities as follows:
- energisers and contact improvisation dance and theatre techniques to foster participants’ sense of identity as individuals and self-consciousness;
- introduction to themes of migration, anti-discrimination, social inclusion and European awareness to help participants think about a more inclusive Europe, and to take more proactive action at their local level, developing their understanding and experience of European citizenship;
- visits to local centres working with migrant youth or young people with fewer opportunities to develop participants’ knowledge of good practices to contrast radicalisation and xenophobia;
- theatre, music and dance as means of intercultural dialogue to develop participants’ awareness on discrimination and exclusion through non-formal
- learning methods namely theatre and creativity;
- understanding personal identity workshop: experiences of migration, inclusion/exclusion to foster young people’s sense of identity as individuals and European citizens;
- Aeneas’ myth to fight exclusion and xenophobia and participants’ contribution to make them more aware of discrimination and exclusion through non-formal learning methods;
- Aeneas’ myth: final performance set up to celebrate young people’s creativity through the staging of this ancient Greek drama, and disseminate the results to other young people with final performance to other youngsters and the local community.
A.E.NE.A.S. project will use non-formal methods namely theatre, music, and contact improvisation to carry out all the foreseen activities. Trainers will conduct sessions using collaborative art-making and creative thinking.
Travel costs are covered at 100% up to € 275 per participant. Food and accommodation are covered by the organisers.